Handgunning is challenging enough without having to depend on scopes that are little more than an afterthought. Which is precisely why Burris builds the shooting industry’s most extensive family of handgun-specific scopes. High quality, fully multi-coated optics, and the commitment of a Burris Forever Warranty make up a solid nucleus, and, as you’d expect, the line brims with innovations and firsts.
- Posi-Lock is a coil-spring assisted retractable steel post that firmly and & securely locks accuracy into place.
- Once the reticle is zeroed, the covering tube replaces the internal spring & locks the inner tube in place.
- All scopes have one spring that allows the adjustment of the reticle.
- Some of the competition offer a double spring whereas the double spring is the STANDARD for all Burris products.
- Posi-Lock scopes remain perfectly zeroed year after year even during transportation.
- In the closed position, the force of the spring is substituted by the force of the steel post on the internal tube of the scope.
Precision rangefinders, specialized rifles and more accurate ammunition have removed some of the variables in long-range shooting. However, with a basic crosshair reticle, calculating hold-over is a mix of art, science and just plain luck. That is exactly why Burris developed the Ballistic Plex reticle. The key is the copyrighted lower vertical crosshair. With most common hunting cartridges, a shooter can use the reticle to compensate for bullet drop and aim dead-on at targets from 100 to 500 yards out. The need for hold-over guesstimation is eliminated.
|Field of View (in feet @ 100 yards)
||21 Low - 7 High
|Exit Pupil (mm)
||16 Low - 4.6 High
|Click Value (in. @ 100 yards)
|Max Adj. (in. @ 100 yards)
|Eye Relief (in.)
||11-21 Low / 10-14 High